FW client application settings: default deny? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client

Guest -> FW client application settings: default deny? (30.Sep.2003 10:28:00 PM)

I currently block a list of executables from using the firewall client. The list keeps growing.
Is there a way to configure the FW client to deny all applications except for an approved list? I don't like the fact that any application can have web access right away without any control. I would rather have to maintain a list of applications that can use the FW client.

I appreciate any information,

Stephen

azfar -> RE: FW client application settings: default deny? (1.Oct.2003 8:46:00 AM)

Hi, Stephen
No.

NoneAndOne -> RE: FW client application settings: default deny? (5.Jan.2006 2:00:48 AM)

Very disappointing, I thought the emphasis was supposed to be security! You know, block everything, force the admin to open what is required.  Do you know if Microsoft intend to address this weakness?

LLigetfa -> RE: FW client application settings: default deny? (5.Jan.2006 3:03:15 AM)

The job of security belongs to the ISA server, not the FWC.  Trying to apply security at the client is simply security by ignorance.

That said, Microsoft could still do a lot to improve security by providing more options at the ISA server.

Page: [1]