• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall Client, Exchange Server, Outlook, and Windows XP SP1

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall Client, Exchange Server, Outlook, and Windows XP SP1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall Client, Exchange Server, Outlook, and Windows ... - 31.Dec.2003 10:47:00 PM   
trebligb

Here is a wierd one...

A Windows XP SP1 and higher machine with Outlook 2002, ISA Firewall Client, and Exchange 2000. The client has Outlook open. A new e-mail comes in to that persons box from either in-house or outside. The message does not show up in the users inbox and they are not notified of a new message. The user clicks out of the inbox into say the calendar and back in. That is when all new mail arrives. Send and Recieve has no effect.

After hours and hours of troubleshooting and finally a MS Support incident (that I was able to get refunded) we figured out the Firewall client (irrelevant whether it is enabled or disabled) conflicts with Windows XP SP1 and higher, Exchange Server, and Outlook XP and causes this problem. Uninstalling the FW Client solved the issue.
Post #: 1
RE: Firewall Client, Exchange Server, Outlook, and Wind... - 31.Dec.2003 10:58:00 PM   
trebligb

Also, this was not an isolated incident.. Observed it with Outlook 2000, 2003, and 2003 on a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 on a number of different networks. Common thread is Windows XP SP1 and SP1a with the Firewall Client.

(in reply to trebligb)
Post #: 2
RE: Firewall Client, Exchange Server, Outlook, and Wind... - 1.Jan.2004 9:32:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Bill,

check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815051 and see if it solves your problem.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to trebligb)
Post #: 3
RE: Firewall Client, Exchange Server, Outlook, and Wind... - 2.Jan.2004 6:04:00 PM   
trebligb

Thanks!

Luckily in every case the FW client was unnecessary so we just pulled it.

(in reply to trebligb)
Post #: 4
RE: Firewall Client, Exchange Server, Outlook, and Wind... - 2.Jan.2004 10:21:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Bill,

did that KB solves your problem?

BTW --- I have heard of that issue before. However, I have never seen it myself although we run the same set of OS's and applications.

Thanks,
Stefaan

(in reply to trebligb)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall Client, Exchange Server, Outlook, and Windows XP SP1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts