• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HTTP Redirector and authentication together?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> HTTP Redirector and authentication together? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTP Redirector and authentication together? - 3.Feb.2004 4:06:00 PM   
hamulec2

Is it possible to have the HTTP redirector enabled for internal websites and at the same time authenticate users (user/group) through the web proxy?
Thanks

Jack
Post #: 1
RE: HTTP Redirector and authentication together? - 3.Feb.2004 5:03:00 PM   
ppeetoom

Nope, sorry, that's not possible. The redirector will NOT pass credentials to the Web Proxy. So if you plan to use FW Clients and the HTTP Redirector you won't be able to access your internal web-sites.

(in reply to hamulec2)
Post #: 2
RE: HTTP Redirector and authentication together? - 3.Feb.2004 5:13:00 PM   
hamulec2

Thanks, I'm having problem accessing on website that user need access to. When I try accessing the site through the Web Proxy it does not work, but it work when I access it with direct access settings. Is there any way to use the Web Proxy but redirect some websites not to use it?
Thank You

Jack

(in reply to hamulec2)
Post #: 3
RE: HTTP Redirector and authentication together? - 3.Feb.2004 5:21:00 PM   
ppeetoom

Are you using authentication on the Web Proxy listener ? And if so, is the ISA part of the same domain the clients are ?

(in reply to hamulec2)
Post #: 4
RE: HTTP Redirector and authentication together? - 3.Feb.2004 5:28:00 PM   
hamulec2

Yes, users need to authenticate since we filter Internet access. The ISA server is on the same domain as the users are, if this is what you are asking. The pages that I'm having problems accessing reside on a different domain.

I think I found the problem, not %100 sure. It looks like they use port 82 for SSL (3.0). I did configure port 82 in the Protocol Definitions folder. I just installed Netscape and got the following message:

HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The specified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port is not allowed. ISA Server is not configured to allow SSL requests from this port. Most Web browsers use port 443 for SSL requests. (12204)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

Any sugestions?

Thanks again
Jack

(in reply to hamulec2)
Post #: 5
RE: HTTP Redirector and authentication together? - 3.Feb.2004 5:32:00 PM   
hamulec2

sorry, this is the rest of the message:

# Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
# Open the ssprod8.chase.com:82 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
# If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
# Verify that the Internet access policy on your network allows you to view this this page.
# If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the ssprod8.chase.com:82 home page.

(in reply to hamulec2)
Post #: 6
RE: HTTP Redirector and authentication together? - 3.Feb.2004 5:53:00 PM   
hamulec2

I found this:
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 283284

(in reply to hamulec2)
Post #: 7
RE: HTTP Redirector and authentication together? - 3.Feb.2004 6:02:00 PM   
hamulec2

that was the problem ! those idiots created a page that uses SSL witj port 82. I ran the vb script to add the port and it worked.

Thanks

Jack

(in reply to hamulec2)
Post #: 8
RE: HTTP Redirector and authentication together? - 3.Feb.2004 6:12:00 PM   
ppeetoom

Good to hear you found a sollution. And thanx for taking the time and share the solution with the rest of the ISA community.

Kind regards,

Pascal.

(in reply to hamulec2)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> HTTP Redirector and authentication together? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts