• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

msn n yahoo prob

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> msn n yahoo prob Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
msn n yahoo prob - 22.Feb.2004 9:52:00 PM   
i_seeker

wellz my firewall cont dc than connect than dc cant properly communicate with isa so result is msn n yahoo cant connect properly its connect than dc n than connect than dc coz of firewall coz its cant communicate with isa green arrow turn into red than again green than red so what tha solution m waiting for any suggestion thankz
Post #: 1
RE: msn n yahoo prob - 23.Feb.2004 12:49:00 PM   
dejavu

hi haroon,
i guess u'r trying to say that the firewall client shows a red exclamation mark when u refresh it... check the firewall logs and see whats making that firewall service busy it's probably blaster,mydoom or probably another worm that's making some million connections to u'r server and then jamming the service.

for msn messenger make a protocol rule that allows outbound tcp 1863 and for yahoo make an outbound tcp 5050 that will do.

install and configure a personal firewall iff u know how to configure it coz if u dont u'll probably end up blocking all the ports, hence making a denial of service to all clients.

download the blaster and sobig protocol definitions and block the ports that these worms use mydoom and doomjuice are new and are causing problems these days, so better check out these worms, their ports and the varients.

hope this will help u out,
best of luck

(in reply to i_seeker)
Post #: 2
RE: msn n yahoo prob - 23.Feb.2004 9:22:00 PM   
i_seeker

wellz thankz friend but i already make tha both protocol of msn n yahoo acutally m using 2 server on with firewall n other with proxy n u rite tha red mark appear on my firewall which i wanna resolve as u say my doom is that coz of my doom virus wellz i'll try that but if u have other suggesttion infact u say personal firewall which i wont understand can u descirbe it
Thankz

(in reply to i_seeker)
Post #: 3
RE: msn n yahoo prob - 10.Mar.2004 8:17:00 AM   
fawad

Brother Haroon..

Blaster is the culprit which most of the time does that for you . Because it keeps the internal interface of the Firewall Server bz...

you need to do somework to stop it. First of you need to see your logs files, locate down comptuers which are making traffice headed for port 135(field 12) or see in the application fields(field 3) if there are entries like this
mslaugh.exe
msblast.exe
teekids.exe
enbiei.exe

if any of them are there, then this means that your comptuers are infected with Blaster Worm and those comptuers are generating a lot of traffic.
Note down those INternanl Computer IP's. Remove there network cable if possible and patch up using predownload Blaster patch from MS website.

Secondly you can do another thing to avoid future disruption...

Open ISA mmc. Go directly to Client Configuration >> Firewall client settings.

Then double click on Firewall client settings.
Go to application settings.
press NEW.
type mslaugh.exe inthe application
in the key Select Disable.
in the Value Select 1.

do the same thign with mslaugh as well.

Then do the same proecude with teekids.exe, teekids, enbiei.exe, enbiei, msblast.exe and msblast.

You can block any application using this way.

(in reply to i_seeker)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> msn n yahoo prob Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts