• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA Server could not be detected" on WinXPpro clients, SBS2000 server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> ISA Server could not be detected" on WinXPpro clients, SBS2000 server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA Server could not be detected" on WinXPpro clie... - 7.Jul.2004 2:08:00 PM   
Syd

I've got an SBS2000 network, 20 clients or so.
When I look at a client, I see FIrewall Client Options in the screen's lower right.
Float over it, it says, "Configured to use ISA server mycompany" (Where mycompany is our ISA server name).
Later, I come back and float over it, and it says, "ISA Server could not be detected."
If I right-click, click Configure, click Update Now, it updates ok.
I have checkmarks in Enable Firewall client, Automatically detect ISA, and Show Firewall in Client. Only Hide the taskbar icon is not checked.

It worries me that this happens. What are the implcations when it says it can't be detected?

The Event ID's on the XP client are...

Event 15
"Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
Enrollment will not be performed."

and
Event 1030
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine.

I added a check mark to ISA server's Property, Auto Discovery, Publish automatic discovery information. Am I on the right track?

Thanks,
Syd
Post #: 1
RE: ISA Server could not be detected" on WinXPpro ... - 29.Jul.2004 4:35:00 AM   
Thudd

This doesn't help as to the *why*, but I "solved" the same problem simply by unchecking the 'automatically detect' option on the clients. The firewall client still works fine (tested and confirmed) but doesn't obviously come up with the cannot detect message any more.

(in reply to Syd)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA Server could not be detected" on WinXPpro ... - 29.Jul.2004 5:37:00 PM   
Syd

Thank you! I like your simple solution! Thanks!

I found hints on an AV possibility at
have a look at this http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1030&eventno=1542&source=Userenv&phase=1

Just as another clue,
I called Trend Micro tech support, they suggest that ISA and the TrendMicro Client are sharing the same port. I apparently caused this problem myself by accepting their default port (80 or 8080), so after an uninstall/reinstall dance with TrendMicro's Client/Server/Messaging Suite, choosing a different port, things seem better.

(in reply to Syd)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA Server could not be detected" on WinXPpro ... - 30.Jul.2004 2:21:00 AM   
Thudd

Now that is interesting, because I'm running Trend CSM suite here as well and also accepted the defaults. I'm a bit loath to do the same reinstall dance seeing as how everything seems to working at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind for a rainy day when I'm bored [Wink]

(in reply to Syd)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> ISA Server could not be detected" on WinXPpro clients, SBS2000 server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts