• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Redirect denied HTTP requests to Internal page

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Redirect denied HTTP requests to Internal page Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Redirect denied HTTP requests to Internal page - 16.Jul.2004 8:26:00 PM   
APeregoy

I have a Site and Content rule in place that denies access to all destinations except for a destination set I've created. The rule is configured to redirect denied HTTP requests to an internal web page, but it does not redirect users to the page. The browser will hang up for about a minute or so and then give the "page cannot be displayed" error page. I can open the internal page manually with no problems, it's just the ISA server is not redirecting denied traffic to the page.
Post #: 1
RE: Redirect denied HTTP requests to Internal page - 28.Jul.2004 8:52:00 PM   
kurtdref

Is the URL that you are using browsable from your computer? The ISA Server? An example of my page for blocked sites is:
http://netmonitor/policy/pagedenied.htm
The name "netmonitor" is resolved by internal DNS. The machine "netmonitor" is running IIS. If I were not able to resolve the name "netmonitor" internally I would use the ip address ie: http://[ip address of netmonitor]/policy/pagedenied.htm
If you are using a UNC path ie \\netmonitor\[sharename]\pagedenied.htm I can't answer to that because I haven't tried it. If your path is something like C:\policy\pagedenied.htm you are way off base.
Kurt

(in reply to APeregoy)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Redirect denied HTTP requests to Internal page Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts