• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

new firewall client installation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> new firewall client installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new firewall client installation - 11.Jan.2005 1:41:00 PM   
james.johnson

Greetings.

Just set up isa server 2k and rolled out firewall client for around 500 pcs/laptops.

The majority work, however, 1 room with 30 pcs and all 90 laptops refuse to work unless i manualy type in the proxy settings into internet explorer.

Without those settings i get a page saying the url is denied, even though its all currently totaly open at the moment..

The funny thing is, if i tick the box that automatically detects an isa server in the firewall client it works?????

Please can anyone help as we are a school and desperately need our internet working properly.
Post #: 1
RE: new firewall client installation - 13.Jan.2005 7:37:00 PM   
MorfiusX

If the proxy settings are required, why not set a group policy to push out those settings?

(in reply to james.johnson)
Post #: 2
RE: new firewall client installation - 14.Jan.2005 12:08:00 PM   
james.johnson

agreed, but correct me if im wrong, but isnt the firewall client supposed to take over that side of things.

I was of the understanding that there would be no need for any settings in iexplorer if the firewall client was running..

Please correct me if im wrong as im getting rather desperate here...

Post #: 3
RE: new firewall client installation - 14.Jan.2005 11:51:00 PM   
gws

hi
client setting is set on isa server ,then u run firewall client and all setting set automatic on client broswer
cheers

Post #: 4
RE: new firewall client installation - 18.Jan.2005 7:11:00 AM   
karachi4you

Actually the problem with your settings is that anyone would be able to bypass your proxy server and will be able to download content even if you have blocked them. You should set the IE to use proxy and remove check from automatically detect settings. Also disable ieplorer in the firewall client otherwise your policies wont work on IE.

Post #: 5
RE: new firewall client installation - 28.Mar.2006 11:52:46 AM   
hbasbay

up

(in reply to karachi4you)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> new firewall client installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts