• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 13.Jan.2006 2:59:17 AM   
avaldes

Dear Mr.
I am wondering if this article has some relation to your excellent reference to POP problems.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=909130

Any comments will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 21
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 13.Jan.2006 11:41:10 AM   
spouseele

Hi avaldes,

no, it doesn't. My article describes an issue with outbound connections, more specifically from Firewall clients, with an outbound POP3 connection as an example. The KB909130 article describes an issue with inbound connections, more specifically server publishing, with a POP3 inbound connection as an example. The only common thing is a high rate of connections to the same destination and that is a typical scenario for POP3 connections.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to avaldes)
Post #: 22
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 22.Feb.2006 2:20:17 PM   
Senthil0711

Hi Stefaan,

Its been almost a year thanks to ur advice I solved my POP3 problem (prior) to ur article.  Unfortunately last week due to an hardware failure i had to re-install my ISA 2000.   

Initially POP3 was not working, but thanks to ur great article managed fix the problem to send and receive mails for all clients (including the once which has only an allow rule to my mail server vhost.sahara.com.sa).

Last two days POP3 is not working 4 these clients.  

My ISA Setup is

All clients are SecureNat
Clients are configured with outlook 2000
Has a protocall rule allowing all IP traffic and protocols.
Has a site and content rule allowing access to all destination (only for my pc)

Has a Site and content rule allowing access to my external mail servers (for mail only clients):
Mail.gsh-sa.com
Vhost.sahara.com.sa

My PC is also a similar configuration except that I am in all-allowed group, POP3 is working fine.

1.      I tried the Winsock tool from my PC to connect vhost.sahara.com.sa on port 110 connection is OK.  

2.      Tried winsock auto ping and the error message was ‘Failed to Receive Response ‘.

3.      Telnet and nslookup is also OK (vhost.sahara.com.sa) 

When I tried the above in mail only clients:

Winsock Failed to connect.
Telnet connection lost.
Nslookup OK.
Ping Failed to Receive Response

I can not ping mail.gsh-sa.com or vhost.sahara.com.sa from any internal clients except the gateway.  I enabled all the fields in my firewall log. 

My question is The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 is it applied to SecureNat clients?

What is the way to run a Netmon trace?  Any idea what is causing this problem.

Hope I made it clear

Thanks

Nathan

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 23
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 21.Mar.2006 12:20:17 PM   
chick_nath

Hi,

I have ISA 2000 with SP1 and FP1 on windows 2003 server. Till today morning I was able to access my pop3 server through outlook express. but  since last 2 hrs i am not able to. I modified the registry setting of the ISA server  as per uor documentation.
It didnot help me.
Made the client a firewall as well as a SecureNAT.

getting errors like: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Test', Server: 'mail.hotpop.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Is there any thing more I can do to make this work? Need this desperately to work.

Please Help.
Thanks
Chick

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 24
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 29.Mar.2006 11:04:01 AM   
hbasbay

quote:

ORIGINAL: chick_nath

Hi,

I have ISA 2000 with SP1 and FP1 on windows 2003 server. Till today morning I was able to access my pop3 server through outlook express. but  since last 2 hrs i am not able to. I modified the registry setting of the ISA server  as per uor documentation.
It didnot help me.
Made the client a firewall as well as a SecureNAT.

getting errors like: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Test', Server: 'mail.hotpop.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Is there any thing more I can do to make this work? Need this desperately to work.

Please Help.
Thanks
Chick

I have a same problem too.Anyone can solve it? Thanks

(in reply to chick_nath)
Post #: 25
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 31.Mar.2006 8:07:17 PM   
spouseele

Hey guys,

it sounds you are speaking of a permanent failure. In that case this article will not be of any help. Only detailed ISA logging and network monitor traces can tell you what is going on.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to hbasbay)
Post #: 26
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 7.Apr.2006 3:26:12 PM   
kaliste

Hi stefaan,

i'm facing a similar problem ... i have been all over the park with regards to this matter ...

I have posted this matter in the general section... then i came upon this thread ... so posting here too ...

pls read the following post for the problem definition ...

http://forums.isaserver.org/Pls_Help_%3a_Unable_to_register_a_remote_SQL_server/m_2002013025/tm.htm

Would really appreciate any help on this matter ...  look forward to your insights

best regards
kaliste

< Message edited by kaliste -- 7.Apr.2006 3:29:17 PM >

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 27
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 8.Apr.2006 1:09:31 PM   
spouseele

Hi kaliste,

again, because it does sounds to be a permanent failure, check out the other post for any answer.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to kaliste)
Post #: 28
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 17.Aug.2007 2:48:26 PM   
dmanzano

Hello,
I tryed the suggestions in your article and it did not worl.  But I see in your post here that this is for firewall clients only not secureNAT clients.  I have a netopia router in front of a W2003 server running ISA 2000 (dual nic'd).  I moved all of our companies email to netowrk solutions and hosted the mx record with them.  POP access works for about 5 hours then I have to restart the ISA 2000 service.  I am desperate!! any ideas.  Thanks a million

Don Manzano

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 29
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 18.Aug.2007 5:57:39 AM   
spouseele

Hi Don,

yep, the problem and solution applies only to Firewall clients. Therefore, I suggest you start a new topic and explains very well the environment as well as what you already have done to diagnoses the problem.

Thanks,
Stefaan

(in reply to dmanzano)
Post #: 30
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 18.Aug.2007 12:26:36 PM   
dmanzano

Hi Kaliste,

Here is the post I'm referencing.  I am desperate.  I have clients now using POP3 mail and they are behind an ISA 2000/Window2003 server.  I have to restart the ISA2000 service about 2 times a day.  I tryed the suggestion listed: http://www.isaserver.org/articles/ISA2000_POP3Access.html%22 and does not help.

Did you ever get your issue resolved?  Here is my setup:

dsl modem --> netopia secureNAT router ---> Windows2003/ISA2000 server --> clients.

Thanks!
Don Manzano

(in reply to kaliste)
Post #: 31
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 18.Aug.2007 2:10:30 PM   
spouseele

Hi Don,

which post are you referring to? I don't see one!

Thanks,
Stefaan

(in reply to dmanzano)
Post #: 32
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 18.Aug.2007 5:57:12 PM   
dmanzano

Sorry, post #27.  thanks

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 33
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 18.Aug.2007 6:34:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Don,

OK, will take a look at http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002051636/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm.

HTH,
Stefana

(in reply to dmanzano)
Post #: 34
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 22.Feb.2008 5:06:14 PM   
nsd29j

Hey, The article was very good. I do not have an ISA server or any Windows servers, but the explanation helped me diagnose a very thorny issue.

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 35
RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 - 2.Mar.2008 7:18:02 PM   
AHIT

great to hear nsd29j.
Of Interest, what was your issue and on what platform?
I'm intrigued now!

http://www.ahit.com.au/isa
(Previous nick: Tolk)

(in reply to nsd29j)
Post #: 36

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> RE: The Mystery of the failing POP3 Access with ISA 2000 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts