DMZ host unable to log to internal syslogserver (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> DMZ

lardoin -> DMZ host unable to log to internal syslogserver (3.Mar.2003 5:33:00 PM)

I have a tri-homed isa server with an Intrusion detection device located on the DMZ along with a public web server. The DMZ is using public addressing. I have published an internal Syslog server to both the isa's external interface and DMZ interface. The border router that is connected to the isa external interface is logging to the internal Syslog server but the IDS located on the DMZ is not logging. It is also not able to connect to an internal NTP server. I have protocol definitions set up and assume them to be correct because the internal published services are working for the border router on the isa external interface. Is there something I must have missed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Lloyd

tshinder -> RE: DMZ host unable to log to internal syslogserver (3.Mar.2003 8:15:00 PM)

Hi Lloyd,

Create a second Server Publishing Rule and use the IP address on the DMZ interface, and have the client on the DMZ access the rule via that Server Publishing Rule.

HTH,
Tom

lardoin -> RE: DMZ host unable to log to internal syslogserver (3.Mar.2003 8:37:00 PM)

Tom,
thanks for the quick response. Seems as though I forgot to look at the obvious. I do have it setup this way but had the wrong internal ip address listed!

thanks,
LA

tshinder -> RE: DMZ host unable to log to internal syslogserver (5.Mar.2003 4:02:00 PM)

Hi Lloyd,

Ha! Great to hear you figured it out and that its working.

Thanks for the follow up!
Tom

Page: [1]