• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Network Backup of DMZ using CommVault

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Network Backup of DMZ using CommVault Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Network Backup of DMZ using CommVault - 20.Jun.2003 5:56:00 PM   
northrsb

Has anyone had success with a network backup of DMZ machines using CommVault on the internal net? After creating the necessary rules in ISA the ISA logfiles say the traffic is being allowed. However, when sniffing the traffic we can see it arrive on the DMZ interface of the ISA server but never see it leave any interfaces and it never arrives at the internal CommVault media server. It's looking like the ISA is actually dropping the packets and logging that it has allowed them.

Any Ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Network Backup of DMZ using CommVault - 21.Jun.2003 10:53:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Shad,

What protocols does it use?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to northrsb)
Post #: 2
RE: Network Backup of DMZ using CommVault - 30.Jun.2003 3:56:00 PM   
northrsb

Tom,

It uses TCP(6) ports 8400-8403. Plus a few dynamically chosen ports per client in a range specified at install on the client. I can see the client (DMZ machine being backed up) send it's SYN packet to port 8400 and watch it arrive on the DMZ interface of the firewall. Then the firewall logs say it is allowed, but I never see it leave any of the firewall's interfaces.

Thanks,
Shad

(in reply to northrsb)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Network Backup of DMZ using CommVault Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts