• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

B2B problems!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> DMZ >> B2B problems! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
B2B problems! - 27.Jan.2004 10:25:00 AM   
SchrijvP

Dear tom,

We are experiencing some problems with our (Private) back to back configuration.
We used the Secure Mail server publishing wizard to publish our SMTP server which is on the internal LAN.

On the external isa server we directed the publishing rule to our internal isa server and from our internal isa server we directed the rule to our internal SMTP server. Here is where to problem kicks in. We are able to receive SMTP mail but are unable to send. When we use a telnet client to send an SMTP message via port 25 and it works fine but from the server we always receive an event that the ˘connection is dropped by the remote host÷.

For testing purposes we then placed the SMTP server in de DMZ, and that works like a charm, but we would like to keep it internal!

We disabled the SMTP application filter and are using a web/firewall chaining configuration.

Another slight problem we discovered is that when we use a firewall client we canĂt access sites that use scripting on the page. For instance login on to hotmail is not possible.

Do you have any clue?

I hope you can help us.

With kind regards,

Pascal Schrijver
System Administrator
MCSE CNE
Post #: 1
RE: B2B problems! - 29.Jan.2004 2:53:00 PM   
SchrijvP

Nobody?????

(in reply to SchrijvP)
Post #: 2
RE: B2B problems! - 2.Mar.2004 11:47:00 PM   
tbutcher

we basically use the same setup. our exchange is on the internal network and i publish from the external isa to the external nic of the internal isa and then to the exchange on the lan. i updated both isa's with feature pack 1. the only problem i have with it is that in order for owa to work, you have to use basic authentication because owa can only handle single hop authentication which if anyone is sniffing they will be able to get passwords. still waiting for a solution for that. anyway, the only other thing i did was to open a dns query port to go outbound. that's the way i do it and it works fine.

(in reply to SchrijvP)
Post #: 3
RE: B2B problems! - 25.Nov.2010 5:35:18 AM   
duehft

I once met the same B2B problems.

(in reply to tbutcher)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> DMZ >> B2B problems! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages