• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mailscanner on DMZ can not contact the internal mailserver

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Mailscanner on DMZ can not contact the internal mailserver Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mailscanner on DMZ can not contact the internal mailserver - 13.Aug.2005 10:09:00 PM   
poolshag

Hi all
I having a little trouble setting up an mailscanner on my DMZ which is supposed to scan all my mail and the send it with SMTP to my internal mailserver which is an E2K3 server

My setup look something like this
I have an tri-homed isaserver 2000 running on windows 2000 advanced server.
Services on DMZ
- HTTP server
- SMTP server
- POP3 server
- DNS server
- Mailscanner
All services are working fine and are both accessible from my LAN (internal adapter) and the internet (external adapter).
Services on LAN
- Exchange server
Service are accessible on the LAN and from the internet.
Now the thing is that for some reason i can not telnet the external IP on the ISA server form the dmz mailscanner on port 25 which should access the SMTP service on the exchange. when i do that i allways gives me an timeout error.
And as i said earlier I CAN telnet the exchange from the internet and from the LAN but not from the DMZ

Telneting from the exchange doesnt seems to be a problem from him i can telnet to the mailscanner and to whatever mailserver on the internet.

I getting totally lost in this thing and a help would be wery much appreciated.
And if you need more info about my scenario please ask and i will post it right away "[Smile]"
Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Mailscanner on DMZ can not contact the internal mai... - 19.Aug.2005 5:35:00 PM   
poolshag

Anyone got any idea at all ??

(in reply to poolshag)
Post #: 2
RE: Mailscanner on DMZ can not contact the internal mai... - 22.Aug.2005 12:33:00 AM   
kwyap

Hi poolshag,

I'm having problem to publish my server in DMZ with packet filter rules. Can you please have a look into this topic
Microsoft ISA Server Message Boards + ISA Server 2000 Firewall + DMZ + ISA Thrihomed routing
Hopefully that you can help me on it.

Thanks..

(in reply to poolshag)
Post #: 3
RE: Mailscanner on DMZ can not contact the internal mai... - 22.Aug.2005 2:41:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi poolshag,

from a DMZ host you can *not* access published services on the external interface. To overcome that limitation you should publish the needed internal services on the DMZ interface too.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to poolshag)
Post #: 4
RE: Mailscanner on DMZ can not contact the internal mai... - 22.Aug.2005 6:52:00 PM   
poolshag

Hi spouseele
Your tip worked like a charm.
I published the internal mail server to the DMZ adapter IP address and the mail is flowing from the DMZ.
Thank you very much.

(in reply to poolshag)
Post #: 5
RE: Mailscanner on DMZ can not contact the internal mai... - 23.Aug.2005 2:11:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi poolshag,

good to hear you have it working and thanks for the follow up! [Smile]

Stefaan

(in reply to poolshag)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Mailscanner on DMZ can not contact the internal mailserver Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts