• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

making the iPhone work

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> making the iPhone work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
making the iPhone work - 22.Aug.2008 10:01:01 AM   
tinto

hi folks,

i've been dealing with the iPhone and his mail configuration. As you may know, it uses Microsoft Active Sync to work with Exchange Server and syncronize mails, task and contacts. We already published OWA in HTTPS only.

I have "copied" the Active Sync publishing configuration from the wizard of an ISA 2006 to use in the production ISA2004 for publishing it.

The iPhone is working well, but in the account config i have to say "no" in "use SSL", and i don't know exactly what this means.

Have anyone had to work with iPhone and knows something more about this so we can exchange our knowledge?

However the iPhone is actually a great thing... it syncronizes fast with exchange server, you need just a minute to configure it. And sme if you use IMAP or POP protocols and so on. The usability of emails and attachmente is stunnig.
We was, and still are dealing with the Blackberry nightmare: i hope we will push them and their servers out of the company as soon as possible, because the iPhone does (much better) same things BB does without the need of additional servers and bring activation procedure.

P.S.: it has also integrated VPN client with works fine with ISA!

Tinto
Post #: 1
RE: making the iPhone work - 22.Aug.2008 3:18:55 PM   
Rotorblade

quote:

The iPhone is working well, but in the account config i have to say "no" in "use SSL", and i don't know exactly what this means.

Hi,

Authentication from your mobile device is sent in basic clear text so itís recommended to use SSL to protect your authentication credentials from being compromised.
Now getting Activesync to work with SSL can be problematic and is dependent on a properly signed and installed SSL certificate. Two main configuration reasons for SSL failure are SSL certificate common name mismatches and not using a commercial obtained and signed SSL certificate that is support by the mobile device you are using.

HTH

RB

David Melvin
Ohio
MCSE: Security 2003, MCSA:Security 2003

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 2
RE: making the iPhone work - 22.Aug.2008 3:24:50 PM   
Rotorblade

I should also make mention if you're using FBA, Activesync is going to fail.

RB

David Melvin
Ohio
MCSE: Security 2003, MCSA:Security 2003

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 3
RE: making the iPhone work - 12.Feb.2009 6:50:57 AM   
excossack

To get ActiveSync to work with our PDAs we had to install a CA cert from the SSL provider onto the phone so the phone trusted the SSL cert on the ActiveSync Server.

Thanks.
John.
Wirral, UK

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 4
RE: making the iPhone work - 24.Nov.2009 5:49:28 PM   
silver_bulet

I am on a network configured to use isa 2003.I cant use messenger and email accounts on my iphone.Please guide me how to configure Isa 2003 so that i can use all internet services on my iphone.Thanking in anticipation.

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 5
RE: making the iPhone work - 5.Jul.2012 5:32:23 AM   
zhzubair5

dk is the best

< Message edited by zhzubair5 -- 26.Aug.2012 5:12:31 AM >

(in reply to silver_bulet)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> making the iPhone work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts