• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

move isa log存 to new hardware

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> move isa log存 to new hardware Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
move isa log存 to new hardware - 4.Jun.2005 1:44:00 PM   
Deas.h

hello!

i had to set up a new isa2004 server and need to transfer the log存 from the old server to the new one. i already copied all the files from the old machine to the new one, but the reports are not working.

i get an error message an the event log shows:

The action to summarize all period summaries from the array, into report "Test" failed. The error description is: Unrecognized database format 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\REP8D.tmp'.. Use the source location 1200.217.4.0.2163.213 to report the failure.

the database format on both servers is w3c, both are isa 2004 sp1 and have the same hotfixes installed.

would be great if i can use the log存 on the new machine - reporting does not work correctly on the old server (no top websites shown - just "unknown" is listed)

thank存 a lot for your help!

brgds Andreas
Post #: 1
RE: move isa log存 to new hardware - 5.Jun.2005 8:48:00 AM   
Deas.h

hello!

i found the problem - i forgot to copy the log summary. without it does not work.

and now comes the next problem - is there a way to recreate the log summaries? i think my ones are corrupt because i only get "unknown" as the web pages visited by our users.

thank存 a lot for your help!

brgds Andreas

(in reply to Deas.h)
Post #: 2
RE: move isa log存 to new hardware - 6.Jun.2005 1:59:00 PM   
Deas.h

hello!

found a solution to recreate the log存

go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fpc\Reports and delete the two keys (LastDailySummaryDate and LastMonthlySummaryDate), stop isa server control service, delete the summaries you want to recreate and start the isa services again.

now make a report for these days and the summaries are recreated. can take long for large log存...

brgds Andreas

(in reply to Deas.h)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> move isa log存 to new hardware Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts