• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

multiple firewalls

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> multiple firewalls Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
multiple firewalls - 24.Oct.2001 11:05:00 PM   
abeeber

Hi,
I have ISA stand alone server running in integrated mode behind another firewall device. Due to the working environment I can not make too many changes to my network environment so; can I have 2 firewalls on a LAN, having the PCs point to the ISA server and the servers point to the other firewall device?

Is there any issues with this configuration.

Thanks, again for any help.

Andrew

Post #: 1
RE: multiple firewalls - 25.Oct.2001 6:07:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Andrew,

You can configure different clients to access different gateways. Although it might require some more details on what you want to do to know what the effects, if any, would be.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to abeeber)
Post #: 2
RE: multiple firewalls - 26.Oct.2001 12:31:00 AM   
abeeber

Tom,
Thanks for the help. My situation is that my company is 24x7 with staff working in 3 shifts. My original goal for isa was to use its proxy features so I could control what users could access from the internet at the user level.

However, I ran into to problems do that. For one, when the software was installed in cache mode only; I lost the ability to creating or adding additional protocols to the protocol rules.

The only way I could get that functionality was to install ISA in integrated mode. However, that required the 2nd NIC for the routing function to work properly. Hence for the 2 routers on my lan, both accessing a single router.

I know I can but ISA behind my sonicwall. But that requires some IP reworking which I am reluctant to do because of the distruption.

Plus I like the VPN and the smtp filter functions which I am starting to look into.

So what I would like is for my pc's to use the isa server and my servers to use the sonicwall. Luckily I am using dhcp and have an auto reboot for all the pc's.

Are there any issues with running to routers/gateways on one lan?

Andrew

(in reply to abeeber)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> multiple firewalls Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts