• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

problem getting isa to allow outgoing web requests

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> problem getting isa to allow outgoing web requests Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem getting isa to allow outgoing web requests - 7.Nov.2006 10:04:07 PM   
merk

Hi all,

This is my first time doing anything with 2004 ISA so please forgive me for asking newbie questions. I am however familiar with windows administration.

I am trying to set up ISA server and right now i cant get it to allow an outgoing web request, its blocking everything.

Under the firewall rules i've added the following:

Allow - From:internal - To:http://www.aol.com/* - Users:All users -  Content-All Content types

But it blocks www.aol.com as well.
I'm using the single network adapater network template.

if you need any additional information from me, please let me know.

Also, is it possible to use basic authentication? I.E. can i create a list of users and passwords somewhere and require people to enter a valid user/pass combination before they are allowed out?

and i just discovered i can get to microsoft.com even though i made no rule for it.

Oh man its going to be one of those days....now i cant get to update.microsoft.com i get the error message Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)

any suggestions? other then to turn the computer off and walk away

< Message edited by merk -- 7.Nov.2006 10:22:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: problem getting isa to allow outgoing web requests - 13.Nov.2006 12:34:02 AM   
dharamsale

Hi

I have some doubts

You have configured domain server (windows 2003)
In that server you have ISA server, all of your clients are domain clients,
Your clients and you can access internet, when you checking AOL site at the time check your loggings for that you can see which polices is blocking this AOL site,

By default when you setup new ISA server at time you can access any site or any ports the ISA server will block all the communication to server, so you have to apply polices as per your network,

First you check the logging details when you are accessing the site, if you can access other site but you canít access particular site than your ISA server polices are blocking that particular site only check it and get back me.

Santosh Dharamsale,
Network Administrator, MCSE, CCNA, PIX sam2002_2020@yahoo.com

(in reply to merk)
Post #: 2
RE: problem getting isa to allow outgoing web requests - 13.Nov.2006 12:37:59 AM   
merk

thanks, i did eventually get it working. i dont remember exactly what i did but i have to change one of the rules. I'm not in front of that PC and it was a few days ago so i dont remember the details.

(in reply to dharamsale)
Post #: 3
RE: problem getting isa to allow outgoing web requests - 15.Nov.2006 4:07:59 AM   
Meganic

Did you make a Firewall Rule that allow all exteral websites ?

/Jimmy

(in reply to merk)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> problem getting isa to allow outgoing web requests Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts