• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install - 27.Dec.2006 11:47:35 AM   
halibut

I am a newbie with ISA and I am trying to setup a test environment with ISA 2006 install.  The server is part of a test domain and is running 2003 server with all the patches.  I attempt to install the CSS and I get an error of "Setup Failed to install ADAM".  I can't find any information to why this is reporting this error and if anyone can give me some insight I would apprieciate it.

Thanks,

Chris
Post #: 1
RE: problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install - 28.Dec.2006 12:51:25 PM   
tshinder

Hi Halibut,

Make the ISA Firewall a domain member. Make sure it's interfaces are configured correctly (internal and external). Remember, never put an external DNS server address on the ISA Firewall's interfaces (except in testing environements when you have to sometimes).

After joining the ISA Firewall to the domain, first install CSS only on the ISA Firewall. After installing the CSS, configure an array. Then install the ISA Firewall services on the ISA Firewall device.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to halibut)
Post #: 2
RE: problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install - 28.Dec.2006 1:07:36 PM   
halibut

Thanks, I was able to get the server installed but only after adding a second NIC to the server.  Is this required or could I have used a LO to run on a single interface?

Chris

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install - 31.Dec.2006 10:39:07 AM   
tshinder

HuH?

How can a Firewall have a single interface? In order to provide protection the ISA Firewall needs to be in the path. A single NIC both can be very easily bypassed.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to halibut)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts