• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

red Cross.......

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> red Cross....... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
red Cross....... - 15.Nov.2005 9:59:39 AM   
shaynes

Good morning people, got a problem i hope you all can help with, I'm new to ISA 2004. The set up;
i have 4 windows 2003 servers one of which is a dedicated ISA 2004 server, it is a school environment with 1000+ users. Our internet connection is routed through a cisco router to the county council offices then out through a proxy that provides filtering and firewall services. Our IP addressing scheme is assigned by the county council which is,as with all the schools in the county in  the 10.x.x.x range. Up until last Febuary we had on site 2 seperate domains, the administration domain and the curriculum domain, which were amalgamated during the rollout to 2003. We had in place an old NT4 MS Proxy which provided caching services which was failing - so we invested in another server and purchased the ISA 2004 software.
Because of the current setup with County I at present don't need about 90% of what ISA offers - this will change during the next year when we get our own dedicated internet access, but that's another story!!
For now I just need to set it up as a proxy with caching facilities.
I completed the setup at home on the lab with no problems, single NIC, internal addresses etc took me 10 mins, easy i thought!!
However when i set it up on the school system and serviced packed it etc it shows a series of red crosses which i can't seem to resolve. The odd things is it is forwarding traffic and caching.
If you look under 'Monitor' the section in the bottom right that says about 'NAT', Proxy etc all have red crosses or question marks, same to under services the firewall has a red cross next to it, but it is running.
All the relevent services appear to be running and it is doing the tasks it is supposed to and detects the upstream server without any problems.....any ideas

< Message edited by shaynes -- 15.Nov.2005 10:01:11 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: red Cross....... - 15.Nov.2005 3:59:40 PM   
tshinder

Hi Shaynes,

Moving to Web proxy section.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to shaynes)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>