• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

smtp is not authencating

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> smtp is not authencating Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
smtp is not authencating - 18.Jan.2007 4:46:42 AM   
jhn_daz

Hi All ,

I am having SBS 2000 server and i am having one live ip on which i can do the send and receive mails . Now if i want to send the mail via that live ip i am not able to send the mail ..when my firewall client is enabled . if i make it disable and come to the aother internet bandwidth it stats out going mail....Is there any specially port allow setting i need to do ...Earlier Its working fine . Can Any one please help to solve this issue ...

Thanks,

John
Post #: 1
RE: smtp is not authencating - 18.Jan.2007 8:21:22 AM   
z_haseeb

HI friend....
1.) Are you sending email from SBS Server 2000?I mean to say you are trying to send email from SBS server2000?
2.) Have ISA installed on that SBS 2000 Server?
3.) if ISA is installed on SBS Server2000 and firewall client is also installed on SBS Server so that is not the recommanded situation
OR

Send complete details.

(in reply to jhn_daz)
Post #: 2
RE: smtp is not authencating - 18.Jan.2007 8:39:51 AM   
jhn_daz

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply ..i am using sbs 2000 server and on the server the firewall client is not installed on my client machine it is installed ...and when it is enabled i am not able to send mail through my live IP and pop/smtp address ....

john

(in reply to z_haseeb)
Post #: 3
RE: smtp is not authencating - 19.Jan.2007 4:42:52 AM   
z_haseeb

HI   jhn_daz

ISA provide internet connectivity to the LAN users who have Private IP's and who dont have publich IP's. Offcourse you are using Public IP/Live IP as you told me with the combination of Firewall client thats why you are able to send email via Live IP so you must use private IP thn you will not need to disable your Firewall Client.
Private IP+Firewall client 

< Message edited by z_haseeb -- 19.Jan.2007 4:46:11 AM >

(in reply to jhn_daz)
Post #: 4
RE: smtp is not authencating - 19.Jan.2007 9:42:31 AM   
jhn_daz

Hi ,

Thanks for your valuable reply , but the thing is actually earlier it was working fine with the same setting ..now since 2 days its giving problems..even when my isa is enabled i am not able to send the mails to my yahoo account which is configured in my out look ...so what may be the cause...I have also check all protocol rules but all request is accepting on this port...so what may be issue...

John.

(in reply to z_haseeb)
Post #: 5
RE: smtp is not authencating - 19.Jan.2007 2:36:10 PM   
z_haseeb

If you have a live IP at your NetworK card so then why are you using ISA Server?

(in reply to jhn_daz)
Post #: 6
RE: smtp is not authencating - 20.Jan.2007 2:35:50 AM   
jhn_daz

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply but we have this setup working since last 1 year ...but the thing is when request is coming from different badwidth my isa server is allowing it but when the request is from the isa server firewall client enable situation it si not allwing out going mails...Please somebody help me to solve this issue....I am in too much trouble...please....

John

(in reply to z_haseeb)
Post #: 7
RE: smtp is not authencating - 20.Jan.2007 4:36:51 AM   
z_haseeb

I am getting confuse
Tell me the Live IP is at your network adapater or in the SMTP and POP Server of your email client ?

(in reply to jhn_daz)
Post #: 8
RE: smtp is not authencating - 24.Jan.2007 5:01:08 AM   
jhn_daz

Hi All ,

Hi after setting DND cache refreshement time i am able to send the mails through live IP but one more thing i come to know is that We are using ISA Server 2000 & In my office our users are able to logged in through VPN in my network but the problem is when they are get logged in my server they are not able to check their mails through Microsoft outlook and out look expresss althaugh with the same lap top when they are in office LAN they are able to check it properly . Also they are not able to refresh the firewall client and also not able to surf the internet . So What may the issue. Please help me to solve this issue. I am in lot of trouble as my managers are not able to check their mail...Please some one help me to solve the issue.

Thanks ,

John.

(in reply to z_haseeb)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> smtp is not authencating Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts