• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

wsus\ vpn quarantine

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> wsus\ vpn quarantine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
wsus\ vpn quarantine - 9.Jul.2007 6:51:58 AM   
teresab

Hi, im not sure which forum i should post in, so please accept my apologies if i have chosen incorrectly.
I have recently setup a secondary isa server, which is primarily used at the moment for providing secure vpn connections using RADIUS and certificates. We have a firewall sepeprating our DMZ from the internet, then isa 2006 seperating our internal from DMZ. The external firewall has ports open allowing vpn clients thru to ISA 2006, which allows limited access to internal resources. I want to use quarantine, to set minimum patch and antivirus requirements  for clients wishing to use vpn. I have setup a WSUS server, and have a couple of questions about where best to place it. I need the internal clients to be able to contact the wsus to get their updates, but i understand that quarantined vpn clients will need to be redirected to a site where they can fulfill their minimum patch requirement. I was thinking of putting the wsus in the DMZ, and redirecting internal clients to it. The other alternative would be to put the wsus on internal network, and redirect quarantined vpn users to it - but doesnt this kind of defeat the object of using the quarantine in the first place. Am i trying to over complicate issues, maybe i should just redirect quarantined vpn clients to update.microsoft.com.
Is in infact even worth trying experimenting with quarantine at the moment without a 3rd party add on ?.
Any help on this issue would be much appreciated
Post #: 1
RE: wsus\ vpn quarantine - 18.Jul.2007 4:12:39 PM   
tshinder

I wouldn't consider VPN quarantine unless you want to use a third party product that works with the ISA VPN-Q.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to teresab)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> wsus\ vpn quarantine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts