• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

www can be reached from the inside ...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> www can be reached from the inside ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
www can be reached from the inside ... - 6.Feb.2004 9:23:00 PM   
randybridges

I know this isn't the way to do it, but I have to host a website and an ftp site on my ISA Server (yah, I know ... bad!).

Anyway, I'm using the TZO service across my cable connection to reach my box - I can connect to my website by name from both outside AND inside the network - from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to loop the packets; thus, I think I must be misconfigured.

On top of that, I can reach the web server via the TZO name, but not the FTP site, from inside and out. I have configured a protocol rule allowing FTP Server in, a custom IP packet filter (inbound, fixed port 21 local and all ports remote)

The web publishing rule routes FTP to port 10021, which is the same on the FTP server in IIS. (I can make a direct FTP call to the IP address on port 10021 successfully)

What is wrong here?

Randy
Post #: 1
RE: www can be reached from the inside ... - 9.Feb.2004 2:58:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Randy,

It works for the Web site because ISA proxies the requests. It doesn't work for FTP because it does not proxy FTP requests, just NATs. I went through the technical reasons for this in ISA Server and Beyond.

HTH,
Tom

[ February 09, 2004, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: tshinder ]

(in reply to randybridges)
Post #: 2
RE: www can be reached from the inside ... - 12.Feb.2004 10:09:00 PM   
randybridges

Thanks, Tom

I'm still waiting for my boss to buy that book for me - I might as well just get it for myself. If it is anywhere as complete as your other book, it will become my ISA bible, part 2.

Randy

(in reply to randybridges)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> www can be reached from the inside ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts